- B&K Precision added two models at its bench LCR meter family.
- The 894 and 895 bench LCR meters provide, respectively, test frequencies from 20 Hz to 500 kHz and 20 Hz to 1 MHz.
- They measure inductance, capacitance and resistance with 0.05% basic impedance accuracy.
- These instruments provide variable AC test signal levels from 5 mVrms to 2 Vrms, a built-in DC bias source, and three AC current ranges via the selectable 30/50/100 ohm AC source impedance setting.
- The 30 ohm internal impedance setting provides up to 66.7 mArms of drive current for testing large inductors and transformers.
DC biasing is a commonly used method to measure the capacitance of ceramic, MLCC, polyester, and other types of capacitors with high dielectric constants. Due to the change in capacitance when a DC voltage is applied, users must control the DC voltage to obtain a deterministic measurement result. B&K Precision’s 894 and 895 LCR meters provide this capability with a built-in DC bias source adjustable from -5 V to 5 V.
Both instruments displays on their 4.3″ color LCD screen both primary and secondary measurements along with all test signal parameters. On the front panel, users can access the built-in DC bias source function and zoom display mode with voltage and current monitoring. A USB host port enables external storage of measurement data logs, instrument setups, and screenshots.
The LCR meters provide auto level control, DC resistance measurement, a bin sorting function with pass/fail indicator, cable-length compensation, and a 201-point programmable list-sweep function. An optional test fixture (TL89T1) is available for various transformer measurements: primary/secondary inductance (L1, L2), turns ratio (N, 1/N), mutual inductance (M), and direct current resistance (R2).
On the rear, the instruments offer a 36-pin handler interface for integration with a component handler and standard SCPI-compliant USB (USBTMC or Virtual COM), RS232, LAN interfaces for programming and remote control and GPIB (model 895).
Each unit is shipped with standard accessories: Kelvin clips, shorting bar, and 4-terminal test fixture for convenient measurement of axial and radial lead type components.
B&K Precision’s 894 and 895 bench LCR meters, backed with a three-year warranty, are listed at a price of respectively $3,625 and $5,525.