- The power and power quality analyzer Qualistar+ C.A. 8436 from Chauvin Arnoux can be used for industrial applications, in factories, production workshops, as well as in outdoor distribution cabinets. It can also be used on all types of Low Voltage installations.
- This power and power quality analyzer measures useful voltage, current and electrical power parameters in order to carry out the diagnosis of an electrical installation.
The C.A. 8436 analyzer is self-powered directly by phase from 100 V to 1000 V, AC or DC. It continuously and simultaneously records all electrical parameters via its 5 voltage inputs and 4 current inputs. Numerous alarms allow optimal monitoring of the electrical network. Low level current measurements (100mA – 10000A) are possible with the flexible MiniFLEX sensors.
This instrument realizes the power balances necessary for the elaboration of an energy efficiency diagnosis. Like the Qualistar+ range of analysers, this instrument complies with IEC 61000-4-30, and can be used to produce measurement reports in accordance with EN 50160.
The power measurements take into account all the parameters: the decomposition of the reactive powers, with notion of non-active power (N), deforming power (D), and reactive power (Q1). All parameters (transients, alarms and waveforms) are captured and recorded simultaneously. The harmonics (in %f and %r) are measured and completely decomposed, including on the neutral conductor, with calculation of the deforming voltages and currents.
The C.A. 8436 is equipped with a TFT colour display, which offers an inverted day/night display for more comfortable viewing. Communication between the C.A. 8436 and a PC is done via a USB connection. A range of IP67 waterproof accessories are available: power cord, power cord sets, MiniFlex and AmpFlex.
# Overview of the features of the C.A. 8436 :
- Voltage (TRMS AC+DC): 2 V to 1 000 V
- Current (TRMS AC+DC): from 5 mA to 10 kA
- Power ratings: W, VA, var,PF, DPF, cos ϕ, tan φ
- Energy: Wh, VAh, varh, VADh
- Harmonic and THD: Yes, from row 0 to 50, phase
- Transients: 210
- Flicker: Pst & Plt
- Inrush over 10 minutes
- Registration: 2 weeks to several years
- Alarms: 10,000 of 40 different types
- Peak function
- Automatic vector representation
- Languages available: more than 27
- Dimensions: 270 x 250 x 180 mm
- Weight: 3.7 kg