- Rohde & Schwarz organised the Mobile Test Summit last November to offer mobile telecoms industry professionals the opportunity to exchange views on the latest trends in mobile telecoms network equipment and infrastructure testing.
- This year’s event covered a wide range of technological topics: 5G NTN, 5G RedCap, critical services, Wi-Fi 7, O-RAN and XR.
- Rohde & Schwarz is offering access to recordings of all the presentations, which are now available on demand.
The latest edition of the Mobile Test Summit took place from 28 to 29 November 2023 at Rohde & Schwarz’s Munich headquarters. Wireless communications professionals attended conferences offering an overview of the latest developments in mobile telecommunications network equipment and infrastructure testing.
The event highlighted a variety of topics, with a focus on the next evolutions of 5G and the development of 6G: non-terrestrial networks (NTN), reduced capacity (RedCap), critical communications (MCx), terahertz (THz), spectrum for 6G, metavers and XR. Other topics covered included the latest advances in broadband technologies (such as Wi-Fi 7), open radio access networks (O-RANs), advanced multiple input multiple output (MIMO) and beamforming.
Here is the list of talks:
- Expansion of IoT devices and their use with 5G RedCap technology by Lars Wehmeier and Volker Breuer from Telit Cinterion
- MCx, a new standard for mission-critical communications by Harald Ludwig from Arico Technologies
- Open Radio Access Networks (O-RANs) by Adrian O’Connor from Benetel
- Critical design considerations for Massive MIMO and beamforming by Peadar Forbes from Analog Devices
- Direct connectivity between satellites and communication devices by Marko Keskinen, Skylo Technologies
- Perspective of the non-terrestrial network operator (NTN) by Tilo Heckmann from Telefonica Germany
- Extending 5G NB-IoT NTN coverage Marco Guadalupi from Sateliot
- Resilient 3D networks by Sandro Scalise from the German Aerospace Centre
- Compliance testing by Hans Joachim Schulze from Vodafone
- Wi-Fi 6E and Wi-Fi 7 technologies by Michael Grundl from Lancéolé
Presentations from the 2023 Mobile Test Summit are now available at https://www.rohde-schwarz.com/mobile-test-summit