- Chroma Systems Solutions launches the 63000 series of DC programmable electronic loads.
- The two 63000 models support power up to 350 watts, voltages up to 150 volts and currents up to 60 amperes.
- These programmable DC electronic loads are intended for testing low power devices: switching mode power supplies, AC/DC power supplies, DC to DC converters, adapters, batteries and battery chargers.
User Defined Waveforms is a feature that allow the user to simulate actual current profiles and waveforms by uploading captured waveform data through the softpanel. Each load can store up to 10 sets of waveforms containing up to 1.5 million data points. It also provides voltage peak measurements eliminating the need for an oscilloscope.
In addition to constant current, constant voltage, constant power and constant resistance modes, the 63000 is equipped with CZ mode for turn on capacitive load simulation. CZ mode simulates the actual inductance, impedance and capacitance for loading, making the load current closer to real conditions.
The built-in dynamic load settings test the transient response of a power supply. These loads have 2 separate current settings each capable of different slew rates and dwell time settings. Dwell times range from 50 micro seconds to 99.9 seconds, slew rates up to 3 amps per micro second with a 20 micro second minimum, and returns measurements for the voltage plus and minus peak.
The 63000 provides 3 current ranges with measurement accuracy making them applicable for EnergyStar compliance testing.
Voltage, current and power measurement accuracy :
- 0.02%+0.02%FS (Full Scale) accuracy for voltage
- 0.05%+0.05%FS accuracy for current
- 0.1%+0.1%FS accuracy for power
These loads are equipped with USB, Ethernet and GBIP interfaces, as well as an LCD screen. They offer user-defined shortcut keys.
This DC loads range is composed of two models: 63003-150-40 (150V/40A/250W) and 63004-150-60 (150V/60A/350W).