- Keysight has completed the acquisition of Eggplant from the Carlyle Group.
- Eggplant provides software test automation solutions that use artificial intelligence (AI) and analysis tools to automatically create and execute tests.
- The transaction is valued at US$330 million.
According to Keysight, Eggplant’s solutions are capable of testing any technology on any device, operating system or browser at any layer, from the user interface (UI) to application programming interfaces (APIs) to the database.
By leveraging artificial intelligence and analysis tools to automate testing, Eggplant aims to accelerate the speed and quality of software application development.
Keysight and Eggplant, which have common customers, have complementary expertise that they will leverage to offer automated software testing solutions across the physical, protocol and application layers.
Keysight’s offering, which includes testing solutions for layers 1 to 7, is thus complemented by Eggplant’s testing capabilities for the software application layer.
“We look forward to working together in the growing market for intelligent software testing with differentiated software-as-a-service (SaaS) technologies,” said Ron Nersesian, president and CEO of Keysight.
“Joining forces with Keysight will enable Eggplant to evolve its intelligent automation platform and expand its market worldwide,” said Dr. John Bates, CEO of Eggplant.
Eggplant’s 2019 revenue is US$38 million. CEO John Bates will join the Keysight management team, reporting to Soon-Chai Gooi, President of the Electronic Industrial Solutions Group.
The company was founded in 2008 as Testplant and was renamed Eggplant in 2018. The company has offices in London, Boulder, Colorado, Philadelphia and Berlin.
Eggplant offers software solutions to support companies in a variety of areas:
- Tests assisted by artificial intelligence tools to accelerate the release of software applications.
- Ensuring business continuity through testing and monitoring tools.
- Tests of professional software applications during their modernization and migration to the Cloud
- Load testing to ensure online application scalability