- Sifos Technologies introduces the PoE Service Analyzer that supports testing of both Type-1 (13W) and Type-2 (25W), including LLDP, PoE service at any PD connection point.
- The PSA-3002-SA PoE Service Analyzer marries the Sifos PSA-3002 Compact PowerSync Analyzer with specialized application software.
With the ability to serve 25.5 Watts of continuous power to each Powered Device (PD) today and a growth path toward over 70 Watts in the future, PoE is attracting greater numbers of applications including digital phones, wireless access points, tag and card readers, security cameras, displays, intelligent lighting, and industrial controls.
PoE technology is challenged with the delivery of robust and safe power over a cabling infrastructure that was designed primarily for low power, high frequency signals. The challenge of safe and effective PoE goes well beyond the ability to place a 50 Volt source onto a twisted pair LAN cable.
Rather, the complete picture of PoE involves reliable steady state and transient power delivery to every Powered Device coupled with the vital need to avoid possible damage to all non-PoE network equipment.
As an open standard, IEEE 802.3 has enabled the proliferation of thousands of PoE-capable switches and midspan injectors and even a greater variety and quantity of Powered Devices, thus placing ever increasing burden on device interoperability characteristics across all supported cabling systems and installations.
The PSA-3002-SA PoE Service Analyzer marries the Sifos PSA-3002 Compact PowerSync Analyzer with specialized application software to enable automated testing for PoE analysis and qualification at a Powered Device service access point including the following features:
- Analysis and Troubleshooting for All Standard PoE Installations
- Type-1, 13W Services
- Type-2, 25.5W Services
- Type-2, 25.5W + PoE LLDP Services
- Fully Automated Testing
- Verify Interoperability of PoE Service to the PD
- Verify PoE Service Safety Features
- Assess Power Delivery at the PD by PD Class
- Troubleshoot Intermittent PoE Service Problems
- Graphically View Signals and Waveforms at the PD Outlet
- Colorful Microsoft Excel Reporting
- Portable with Rugged Carrying Case