- Teledyne LeCroy announced the HDMI 2.1 Protocol Analyzer module that runs on the 980 series platform .
- This module supports analysis of incoming HDMI 2.1 video streams at 48Gbps from sources outputting the higher video resolutions.
- The module’s analyzer feature will provide visibility into the underlying protocol elements and structures necessary for transporting HDMI video streams at the new 48Gbps rate.
- This will enable to verify the designs of HDMI 2.1 source devices and ensure interoperability early in the product lifecycle.
The Teledyne LeCroy quantumdata 980 series is a module based platform solutions for R&D functional and interoperability testing and compliance testing. It offers two platform options and a variety of modules for testing HDMI, MHL and DisplayPort.
There are two 980 series platforms available :
- 980B Test Platform : A modular chassis with a 15 inch color touch display. Able to accommodate up to three or four modules.
- 980R Test Platform : A modular chassis with a 7 inch color touch display. Able to accommodate up to three or four modules.
These platforms and associated modules can be controlled either through the PC-based 980 GUI Manager or through the embedded 980 GUI Manager running on the 980B or 980R platforms’ built-in color touch screen.
The 980 GUI Manager provides a graphical user interface (GUI) to control the instrument and view status. It enables to view incoming video and metadata in the Real Time mode when using any of the 980 modules with an analyzer function.