- Boonton, represented in Europe by AR, introduces the 4500C peak power meter designed to capture, display, analyze and characterize microwave and RF power up to 40 GHz.
- This instrument can be used for design, verification, and troubleshooting of pulsed and noise-like signals used in many applications : radar, electronic warfare, education and research, consumer electronics and wireless communications including standards such as LTE-A and 5G.
The 4500C peak power analyzer incorporates Boonton technology, such as Real-Time Power Processing, which eliminates the probability of missing pulses or intermittent events.
It delivers a variety of measurement functionality :
- Frequency range 30 MHz to 40 GHz
- Measurement range from +20 dBm to -60 dBm
- RF channel risetime of < 5 ns
- Time resolution of 100 ps
- Minimum pulse width of 5 ns
- Maximum pulse repetition frequency of 50 MHz
- Maximum viewing range of 10 hours
- Trigger functionality with automatic peak-to-peak, delay-by-time and delay-by-events triggering
- Statistical analysis.
The 4500C series is the new generation of peak power analysers in the existing 4500 series. It can replace the 4500B model, whose code is compatible and which has the same commands and the same graphical user interface, requiring no modification of the test procedures designed for the 4500B analyzer.