- Fluke Calibration has announced the launch of two models 8588A and 8558A of high-resolution digital multimeters.
- These 8.5-digits multimeters are characterized by increased accuracy and remarkable long-term stability.
The 8588A model has a one-year DC voltage accuracy of 2.7 µV / V at a 95% confidence interval, or 3.5 µV / V at 99%, and a 24-hour stability of 0.5 µV / V (95%) or 0.65 µV / V (99%). These characteristics are, according to Fluke Calibration, unique on the market. This multimeter, intended in particular for calibration laboratories, speeds up operations thanks to its ability to produce a stable reading at 8.5 digits in just one second.
The 8588A multimeter thus offers a level of performance expected by primary level laboratories. It integrates more than 12 measurement functions, including a new function for digitizing voltage, current, and capacity, RF power and external shunts for direct and alternating current.
The high-resolution digitalizing capacity of the 8558A model reaches up to 5 million samples per second, enabling the automation of measurements in laboratories or test and manufacturing environments. In addition, this instrument provides a minimum of 100,000 readings per second at 4.5 digits via GPIB, USBTMC or Ethernet interfaces. Its internal memory allows the recording of 15 million measured values.
These two high-resolution multimeters, which share the same platform, have a user interface with a colour display. Their graphical display allows you to view trends, histograms, complex waveforms and statistics. Specific repetitive tasks can be automated.
The 8588A and 8558A models operate with Fluke MET/CAL calibration software in the 8508A emulation mode. This software documents calibration procedures, processes and results in accordance with ISO 17025 and equivalent standards.
# Overview of the features of the 8558A and 8588A multimeters :
- DC voltage: 100 mV – 1000 V.
- AC voltage: 10 mV – 1000 V, 1 Hz – 10 MHz.
- Resistance, LoI, HV: 1 Ohm – 10 GOhms.
- DC current: 10 µA – 30 A (8588A) – 10 µA – 2 A (8558A).
- AC current: 10 µA – 30 A, 1 Hz – 100 kHz (8588A) – 10 µA – 2A, 1 Hz – 100 kHz (8558A)
- Digitize V: 100 mV – 1000 V, 5 Mdata/s, bandwidth up to 20 MHz.
- Digitize I: 10 µA – 30 A (2 A, 8558A), 5 Mdata/s, bandwidth up to 4 MHz.
- Frequency (V, I, BNC): 1 Hz – 10 MHz, 1 Hz – 100 kHz, 10 Hz – 100 MHz.
- Temperature: PRT / Thermocouple (external CJC).
- Capacity: 1 nF – 100 mF (8588A).
- RF Power: Rohde&Schwarz NRP Series probes (8588A).