- Kaelus, supplier of PIM test and measurement instruments and RF conditioning solutions, has launched a new 700 MHz high power 40W version of the iPA Portable PIM Analyzer.
- The 40W iPA-0707D from Kaelus is designed for site verification where typical 20W carrier power level is not sufficient to test external PIM.
“Low level external PIM is below the noise floor of standard spectrum monitoring instruments,” said Tony Langelaan, Product Line Manager, Kaelus Test & Measurement.
The iPA Series Passive Intermodulation (PIM) analyzer is a battery powered PIM Test Analyzer versatile enough to support multiple test scenarios such as testing at the top of the tower, base of tower, roof top and in-building for DAS systems. This IEC compliant 40W, rugged, battery operated design can be operated via remote control with any Wi-Fi enabled phone, tablet or laptop computer.
This allows hands-free dynamic testing that is safe and convenient. Add the optional Range to Fault (RTF) module to quickly identify the location of PIM and Return Loss sources.
This PIM Analyzer enables network operators to improve site performance by finding and eliminating sources of passive intermodulation at the cell site. An touch screen interface is also available for local control, performing tests and generating site reports.
# Kaelus 40W iPA-0707D main features
- 40W (+46 dBm) max power output per carrier
- Able to be reduced to +30 dBm in steps of 1 dB
- Spectrum monitor, frequency sweep and time trace modes
- Remote control possible with handheld device, eg tablet, cell phone
- Touch screen interface
- Reporting capabilities
- Battery powered
- Rugged and portable construction
- Dimensions H x D x W : 369 x 160 x 240mm – 14.5 x 6.3 x 9.4in
- Weight : 12kg – 26lbs