- Keysight Technologies announced its financial results for the third fiscal quarter of 2021, ended July 31, 2021.
- Its revenue increased 23% to $1.25 billion.
- The U.S.-based company expects its fiscal fourth quarter 2021 revenue to be between $1.25 billion and $1.27 billion.
# Third quarter 2021 results
– Orders increased 23% to $1.31 billion from $1.07 billion last year.
– Revenue increased 23% to $1.25 billion from $1.01 billion last year, or 21% on a basis that excludes the impact of foreign exchange and revenue associated with businesses acquired or divested in the last twelve months.
– GAAP net income was $254 million, compared to $176 million in the third quarter of 2020.
– Non-GAAP net income was $286 million, compared to $226 million in the third quarter 2020.
– As of July 31, 2021, cash and cash equivalents were $2.15 billion.
(*) GAAP : Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
# Results by business segment
- Communications Solutions Group (CSG)
The CSG business reported third-quarter revenue of $875 million, up 15 percent year over year, driven by continued investment in 5G network deployments around the world, the launch of new 5G chipsets and devices, 400G and 800G Ethernet transmission technologies being implemented in data centers, as well as early research into sixth generation (6G) mobile telephony, the aerospace and satellite communications sector, and applications related to electromagnetic spectrum analysis.
- Electronic Industrial Solutions Group (EISG)
The EISG business reported third-quarter revenue of $371 million, up 48% from a year ago, driven by the ongoing macroeconomic recovery in all regions and double-digit growth in the semiconductor, general electronics, automotive and energy sectors.