New model NI VirtualBench delivers 500 MHz analog bandwidth and 40 MHz sine output. This All-in-One Instrument of National Instruments integrates five instruments in a single box : mixed-signal oscilloscope with protocol analysis, arbitrary waveform generator, 5 ½ digit DMM with 300 V input range, three-channel programmable DC power supply, up to 3 A, 8 general-purpose digital I/O lines. USB, Ethernet, and WiFi interfaces allows its remote control via Windows and Apple iPad software applications.
National Instruments announced the VB-8054 instrument, a new higher performance model of VirtualBench which offers five of the most commonly used instruments into one device.
Luke Schreier, director of automated test product marketing at NI : « With 500 MHz of scope bandwidth and a faster generator in the latest model, VirtualBench meets the needs of even more engineers wrestling with how to lower their cost of capital equipment.”
Key New Features of the VB-8054 :
- Four-channel, 500 MHz mixed-signal oscilloscope with 2 GS/s sampling rate and protocol analysis (34 digital channels)
- Function generator with 40 MHz max sine output, 5 MHz square, ramp/triangle, DC and arbitrary modes
Additional capability of the VirtualBench family :
- True 5½ digit DMM with 300 V input range
- Three-channel programmable DC power supply (up to 3 A) and eight general-purpose digital I/O lines
- Intuitive, unified software view of all five instruments, visualization on larger displays and quick functionality to save data and screenshots
- USB, Ethernet and WiFi connectivity to Windows software application and WiFi connectivity to Apple iPad software application
- Programming interfaces to automate measurements in LabVIEW and C environments
The VirtualBench application requires zero installation and can load automatically through Windows AutoPlay when connected through USB.
VirtualBench also includes software capabilities like digital phosphor density maps for displaying multiple acquisitions simultaneously, XY mode for plotting channels against one another and hands-free smart capture for automatic data capture of repeated stable waveforms.
To help better maintain the value of any VirtualBench investment, National Instruments provides free software and firmware updates as new features are released.
The VirtualBench hardware family consists of three models most easily designated by oscilloscope analog bandwidth: 100, 350 and 500 MHz.