- Satellite Industry Days is an event organized by Rohde & Schwarz on the topic of satellite and space technologies.
- Satellite Industry Days is a series of four events that will take place over the next twelve months.
- The first session, to be held on February 22, 2022, will focus on the challenges posed by new space satellite constellations.
The Satellite Industry Days conferences are available free of charge online. They offer participants the opportunity to discover the latest developments and applications of satellite and space technologies and to exchange with experts from research institutes and industry in the field.
# Themes of the four events of the Satellite Industry Days
– 1st event: The challenges of new space satellite constellations
– 2nd event: Future steps on non-terrestrial networks and satellite 5G / IOT
– 3rd event: Next-generation satellite designs and quantum cryptography
– 4th event: Development of high- and very-high throughput satellite designs
Hans-Martin Steiner of ATOS, Ridvan Koc of Alcan Systems and Avi Freedman of Satixfy will speak at the first event, which will focus on the challenges of how to plan reliable satellite links worldwide and optimize transponder usage, even for large satellite networks. Moreover, topics include production and test of small satellites, adaptive beam steering and beamforming with phased array antennas, liquid crystal based antenna designs and optimisation of beam- and cluster hopping systems.