- AR RF / Microwave Instrumentation has launched semiconductor systems for the generation of fields up to 50 V / m and covering a frequency range up to 40 GHz.
- These solutions aim at various applications: EMC (radiated susceptibility according to the MIL-STD-461 test standards), radar systems, communications, etc.
These semiconductor solutions are an alternative to the use of TWTA (Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers) type amplifiers driving independent antennas to generate fields up to 50 V / m. The TWTA amplifiers do not guarantee, according to AR, a MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) as important at such levels of frequency and output power.
The combination of the amplifier and the horn antenna is a built-in unit that can be mounted on a tripod. The “AA” series systems deliver fields up to a level of 50 V / m using two models covering frequency ranges from 18 to 26.5 GHz and 26.5 to 40 GHz. This makes it possible to cover the band of frequencies ranging from 18 to 40 GHz when they are associated with an appropriate signal generator.
An independent rack (AA1000) contains power and control circuits (including RF and DC cables) for interfacing with these products. It can be used for all AA series devices.
AR provides a turnkey system with a three-year operating warranty, including the AA and AA1000 models, as well as a signal generator.
Products offer overview :
- AA18G26-20: 18 to 26.5 GHz, field from 20 V / m to 1 meter
- AA18G26-50: 18 to 26.5 GHz, field from 50 V / m to 1 meter
- AA26G40-20: 26.5-40 GHz, field from 20V / m to 1 meter
- AA26G40-50: 26.5-40 GHz, field from 50V / m to 1 meter
- AA1000: Rack power supply, control circuits and fault monitoring