- Astronics announced the Freedom R8200 Communications System Analyzer, a portable instrument for land mobile radio (LMR) system testing for public safety, maritime, commercial and critical infrastructure communications systems.
The instrument combines digital and analog LMS test capabilities with the ability to measure radio frequency network characteristics such as distance to fault (DTF), return loss, and voltage standing wave ratio (VSWR).
Equipped with a Vector Network Analyzer (VNA), the Freedom R8200 brings several instruments together in the same platform to facilitate field radio and infrastructure testing. It also includes a spectrum analyzer, tracking generator and cable fault locator. It is possible to adjust the power meter’s measurement range in bar-graph mode between 5, 50 or 150W. The “dual display” mode displays the carrier and the modulation range on the same screen.
The spectrum analyzer has a noise floor of less than -140 dBm for narrow spans, 4 markers (2 standard), and a variable vertical scale available up to 1 dB per division.
The R8200 offers the option for more complex network analysis to display RF parameters in a Smith chart.
The operating menus are available in several languages including French, German and Spanish.
The instrument is equipped with a 490-gram lithium-ion battery that provides the instrument with an operating time of at least 90 minutes. The battery can be replaced on site in less than 30 seconds.
The R8200’s software architecture allows for the addition of options and software updates in the field. So, if users’ needs change, they simply control the appropriate function or protocol and activate it by entering a 16-digit code on the front panel keypad.
# Freedom R8200 main features :
- Maximum RF Power Meter Input 150 W
- Modulation FM, AM, P25 Phase I & II, DMR, NXDN, dPMR, TETRA (DMO), PTC
- Frequency Range (Generator) 1 MHz to 3 GHz
- Output Level Range +5 dBm to -130 dBm (<2GHz) , -5 dBm to – 130 dBm (> 2GHz)
- Frequency Range (Receiver) 1 MHz to 3 GHz
- IF Bandwidth 6.25 kHz, 12.5 kHz, 25 kHz, 50 kHz, 100 kHz, 200 kHz
- Received Signal Strength Indicator Sensitivity: -120 dBm
- Spectrum Analyzer Span Full Span to 3 GHz
- Oscilloscope Bandwidth 50 kHz
- Audio Modulation Formats 1 kHz Tone, Private Line, Digital Private Line, DTMF, Single Tone, Two-Tone Paging,
5/6 Tone Paging, POCSAG, EURO Tones, User Defined Tone Sequences, External
User Defined Tone Sequences, External
- Display 21.3 cm
- Battery (internal) > 1.5 hr runtime
- Size 23.9cm (H) x 32.3cm (W) x 19.1cm (D)
- Weight (Base Unit) 6.4 kg