- RS’ DesignSpark platform offers a suite of design tools that includes DesignSpark Mechanical software for mechanical modeling and DesignSpark PCB software for PCB design, as well as 2D/3D and electronic component libraries.
- This engineering community platform also offers technical design support resources and discussion forums.
- The new version of DesignSpark evolves by offering three subscription levels: ‘DesignSpark Explorer’, ‘DesignSpark Creator’ and ‘DesignSpark Engineer’.
- The DesignSpark Creator and DesignSpark Engineer paid subscription formulas give access to the advanced functionalities of DesignSpark software and to certain specific technical resources.
- The DesignSpark Explorer package is free. It gives access to various technical resources as well as DesignSpark’s design software without allowing you to use their most advanced functions.
- For the launch of these offers, RS is offering a free trial period to all DesignSpark members. They can test the “Creator” and “Engineer” subscription formulas from January 24, 2023 to March 31, 2023 and determine which option best suits their needs.
- RS estimates that the total value of the features offered through the paid subscription packages is £1,000 (approximately €1130).
Likely to suit students, makers, and designers, DesignSpark Explorer will enable members to retain the same community access and tools and design resources that they enjoy today – completely free – enabling them to make the leap from concept to prototype.
Key tools available in DesignSpark Explorer include: DesignSpark PCB, the rapid-prototyping tool for circuit design that allows the creation of schematics, transfer to a PCB layout and preparation for production, all backed by pre-built component libraries and tools to ensure error-free PCBs; and DesignSpark Mechanical, a direct modeller that requires no prior experience with 3D CAD software and enables users to freely create and modify geometry. DesignSpark Mechanical enables the rapid prototyping or reverse engineering of any physical object.
In addition to engineering support and public forums within the DesignSpark engineering community, DesignSpark Explorer subscribers will continue to have access to more than 100 million 3D models and 2D symbols for circuit design, and the ability to perform searches on one billion parts, accessing data sheets and part lifecycle status information.
For users looking for even more advanced tools and resources, further DesignSpark options are now available featuring design tools with enhanced features. For example, and ideal for serious makers, pro-makers and SMEs, DesignSpark Creator, at a price of £9.99 per month, will offer the same tools and resources available in Explorer, but will also provide an enhanced version of DesignSpark Mechanical. This will include a 3D Mirror tool and detailing tools to annotate parts and create manufacturing drawings, and enhanced part libraries that provide further intelligence on component capabilities and status. In addition, there will be skills and learning videos, tutorials and tips contributed by experts from the DesignSpark community.
Additionally, DesignSpark Engineer, at a price of £14.99 per month, brings the ultimate in design creativity and flexibility for the most demanding users, making it ideal for professional-level design engineers. DesignSpark Engineer offers the same enhanced features of DesignSpark Mechanical available in DesignSpark Creator and expands significantly on DesignSpark PCB with a new advanced feature set, including the use of blind and buried vias for high-density PCB design, custom pad shapes, differential pair routing for high-speed signals, a panels editor, and hierarchical schematic block capability. As well as the high support levels available in Creator, DesignSpark Engineer also provides even more parts intelligence data, including export compliance data and PCN/EOL notifications, plus aid with component alternatives.