- 5G simply means mobile communication technologies via a 5th generation network.
- According to Robustel, which markets 5G routers, while the increased speeds of 5G communications may benefit some IoT applications, the real benefits of 5G for IoT applications are the increased capacity and the ability to “slice” the network more dynamically.
# What are the benefits of 5G?
- Increased upload and download speeds (theoretical maximum peak of 20 Gbps).
- Significant reduction in latency.
- Connection capacity to support 100 times more communication devices than 4G/LTE.
- Support for licensed, shared and unlicensed spectrum, as well as low and high bands.
- Greater ease of “slicing” the network to enable mission-critical communications as well as low data rate but large number of IoT devices.