Narda Safety Test Solutions released external RF filters for its IDA 2 handheld signal analyzer. These optional RF filters help users to in particular avoid out of band overmodulation without reducing the necessary measurement sensitivity when making measurements with the IDA 2 in highly dynamic measurement environments.
These overmodulation effects can occur when very weak RF signals need to be measured in the presence of much stronger signals. This is because high measurement sensitivity is needed for precise measurement of the relevant low strength signal. This can lead to overmodulation of the analyzer as a result of the comparatively high strength of signals in neighboring bands. In such situations, the new
RF filters ensure that measurement sensitivity is maintained within a selected bandwidth.
Various filters for different frequency ranges are available, from broadcasting to air traffic control and on up to the mobile telecommunications range. Each RF filter can be easily
attached to the Interference and Direction Analyzer IDA 2 with a separate RF cable and Velcro adhesive tape.
Particular attention was paid when designing the overall filter dimensions to ensuring an ideal balance between the necessary frequency ranges and the required steepness of the filter on
the one hand and small size, acceptable weight and, not least, optimum costs to the user on the other hand.
The N connectors used on the RF filters mean that they can also be used with the Narda Rack Mount Analyzer NRA and many other signal and spectrum analyzers as well as for laboratory applications in addition to the IDA 2.
RF Filters for Mobile Applications :
- Filter, Band Pass, 108 MHz – 144 MHz Aviation Radio
- Filter, Band Pass, 699 MHz – 716 MHz UL Bands 12, 17
- Filter, Band Pass, 778 MHz – 788 MHz UL Band 13
- Filter, Band Pass, 815 MHz – 850 MHz UL Bands 5, 18, 19, 26, LTE-800
- Filter, Band Pass, 832 MHz – 862 MHz UL Band 20, LTE-800
- Filter, Band Pass, 880 MHz – 915 MHz UL Band 8, GSM-900
- Filter, Band Pass, 1710 MHz – 1785 MHz UL Band 3, 4, 9, 10, GSM-1800, LTE-1800
- Filter, Band Pass, 1711 MHz – 1756 MHz UL Band 4, 10, AWS, GSM-1800, LTE-1800
- Filter, Band Pass, 1850 MHz – 1910 MHz UL Band 2, PCS-1900
- Filter, Band Pass, 1880 MHz – 1900 MHz DECT ITU-1, Europe, South Africa, Hong Kong
- Filter, Band Pass, 1880 MHz – 1930 MHz DECT ´Global´
- Filter, Band Pass, 1910 MHz – 1930 MHz DECT ITU-2 Latin America
- Filter, Band Pass, 1920 MHz – 1930 MHz DECT ITU-2 North America, UPCS
- Filter, Band Pass, 1920 MHz – 1980 MHz UL Band 1, UMTS
- Filter, Band Pass, 2305 MHz – 2320 MHz UL Band 30, WCS
- Filter, Band Pass, 2500 MHz – 2570 MHz UL Band 7, LTE-2600
- Filter, Band Stop, 791 MHz – 821 MHz, Oversize DL Band 20, LTE-800
- Filter, Band Stop, 921 MHz – 960 MHz, Oversize DL Band 8, GSM-900
- Filter, Band Stop, 1805 MHz – 1880 MHz, Oversize DL Band 3, GSM-1800, LTE-1800