- Teledyne LeCroy announced support for PCI Express® 6.0 electrical test and validation with QPHY-PCIE6-TX-RX fully automated test software, as well as SDAIII-PCIE6 and SDAIII-PAMx characterization and debug software packages.
- New software tools support 64 GT/s data transfer speeds using PAM4 multi-level signaling.
The growth of new technologies, including artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) and high-performance computing (HPC), are accelerating demand for fast access to large amounts of data.
To support this growing demand, the next generation of PCI Express, PCIe® 6.0 technology, will use multi-level signaling (PAM4) to double data transfer speeds from the 32 GT/s transfer speed provided by PCIe 5.0 technology.
The new multi-level signaling approach will create significant new test complexities for system developers.
Teledyne LeCroy’s new QPHY-PCIE6-TX-RX automated test software, and the SDAIII-PCIE6 and SDAIII-PAMx characterization and debug software packages, when used together with a Teledyne LeCroy LabMaster 10 Zi-A oscilloscope and SDAIII-CompleteLinQ serial data analysis software, provide PCIe developers with the tools they need to test and debug complex PCIe 6.0 devices. This new solution can:
- Calculate and display jitter in three, unique transition groupings.
- Measure transmitter equalization (Tx EQ) settings, with results and methodologies aligned with current SigTest AC fit methods.
- Provide customizable setups for measuring preset cursors and waveforms using transmitter equalization tools.
- Measure Signal-to-Noise-and-Distortion Ratio (SNDR) with oscilloscope noise compensation and signal analysis waveform views.