- CRFS has developed the RFeye SenS system for the recording and playback of RF signals over a long period of time.
- The portable receiver covers frequency ranges from 9kHz to 8GHz and 9kHz to 18GHz.
This compact and portable device designed for field use is particularly suitable for radio frequency spectrum monitoring applications in the fields of defence (intelligence, counter-surveillance and electronic warfare), telecommunications and other industrial sectors requiring the verification of RF signals operating in the vicinity of wireless communication equipment.
With an integrated RF receiver and up to 25.6 TB of on-board memory capacity, the RFeye SenS Portable can record up to 12 hours of uninterrupted data. It has an instantaneous bandwidth (IBW) of 100 MHz.
According to CRFS, this device is distinguished by the sensitivity of the receiver with low noise and phase levels and its high dynamic interference-free range (SFDR). This allows it to capture and differentiate between low power signals, remote signals or low amplitude signals masked by stronger signals.
# Overview of RFeye SenS specifications
- Frequency ranges from 9 kHz – 8 GHz/18 GHz
- Real-time bandwidth of 100 MHz
- Tuning resolution: 1 Hz
- Sampling of I&Q data at 125 MS/s with 16-bit resolution
- Built-in storage capacity up to 25.6 TB
- Identification and extraction via DeepView software interface
- Dimensions (W, H, D) 165 x 117 x 279 mm – 6.5 x 4.6 x 11 inches
# Noise levels at maximum sensitivity in the frequency range 9 kHz to 8 GHz
– 9 kHz to 0.1 GHz : 10 dB typical
– 0.1 GHz to 2.4 GHz : 6 dB typical
– 2.4 GHz to 6 GHz : 7 dB typical
– 6 GHz to 8 GHz : 8 dB typical
# Noise levels at maximum sensitivity in the frequency range 9 kHz to 18 GHz
– 9 kHz to 0.12 GHz : 12 dB typical
– 0.12 GHz to 6 GHz : 8.5 dB typical
– 6 GHz to 10 GHz 10.5 dB typical
– 10 GHz to 18 GHz 13 dB typical