- Rigol Technologies introduces the RSA5000 real-time spectrum analyzers to complement the DSA800-TG family of low-cost spectrum analyzers.
- RSA50xx-TG real-time spectrum analyzer features digital Intermediate Frequency (IF) technology for measurements from 9 kHz to 3.2 GHz and 6.5 GHz respectively.
- Its 25 MHz real-time bandwidth can be optionally extended to 40 MHz.
- The RSA5000 series, which features touch-screen operation, can be used as a scalar network analyzer thanks to the additional 3.2 / 6.5 GHz tracking generator.
# RSA5000 spectrum analyzers functions:
- RTSA : Real-time spectrum analyzer up to a bandwidth of 40 MHz
- GPSA : Spectrum Analyzer
- EMI : Pre-compliance tests according to CISPR specifications (with the software S1210)
- VSA : Digital Demodulation (option planned in Q2 / 2018)
The RSA5000 has a 10.1″ capacitive multi-touch display with 800 x 480 pixel resolution. It is equipped with an N-type input connector of 50 Ω Type N. It connects to a PC via its Ethernet LAN and USB interfaces as well as optional GPIB.
The optional tracking generator of the RSA5000-TG provides -40 to 0 dBm output power with ± 3 dB output flatness from 1 MHz to 6.5 GHz for VSWR measurements or scalar analysis.
# RT-SA Module
The real-time bandwidth is 25 MHz by default and can be optionally extended to 40 MHz. Due to the FFT calculation (FFT rate of up to 146.484 FFT/s), the instrument can achieve a 100% detection probability with correct amplitude (POI – Probability of Intercept) of 7.45 μs. It can still detect smallest signals up to 25 ns.
Different measurements such as a density representation of the frequency, a spectrogram or time range can be displayed, even simultaneously. The frequency mask trigger (FMT) can also detect difficult signals. Using different filter types and six different RBW widths, the spectrum analyzer can be adjusted to the respective application.
# GP-SA Module
A spectrum analyzer is used to represent signal amplitudes as a function of frequency and provides the user with a choice of IF filters to reduce the displayed bandwidth and isolate a dedicated signal from the surrounding noise. The RSA5000 Spectrum Analyzer’s digital IF technology reduces, according to Rigol, the amplitude variations over time and frequency compared to analog filters. The effective measuring speed is more than twice as fast as with the DSA800 series. Amplitude values can be measured with the integrated attenuation (adjustable from 0 to 50 dB) with up to +30 dBm.
- Typical phase noise : -108 dBc/Hz@1GHz at 10 kHz distance to the carrier signal.
- DANL: down to <-165 dBm/1Hz (typ.)
- Pmax: +30 dBm
- Attenuator: 0 to 50 dB
The RSA5000 has filters with 3 dB bandwidth resolution (RBW), which can be set from 1 Hz to 10 MHz in 1-3-10 gradation, and video bandwidth filters (VBW) from 1 Hz to 10 MHz in 1-3-10-gradation. The user can set frequency ranges from 1 Hz width to the full bandwidth of 6.5 GHz of the instrument.
# EMI Module
With add-on options such as the EMI filter & quasi-peak kit, preamp, and expandable measurement capabilities, the RSA5065-TG is designed for pre-compliance testing of devices, and components. User can already carry out pre-tests in-house before the products are passed on to the EMC final test to external, certified test laboratories.