- Keysight Technologies introduces scalable solution for microwave signal generation.
- This modular solution offers a choice of PXIe modules in order to adapt the signal generator to the requirements of the test application.
- It covers a range of frequencies up to 44 GHz and offers a modulation bandwidth up to 1 GHz.
- This PXIe solution targets applications for the generation of complex waveforms in 5G telecommunications, aerospace and defense domains.
The M9383A signal generator incorporates DDS (Direct Digital Synthesis) technology using a VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator) synthesizer. This allows to provide, according to Keysight, excellent performance in phase noise. This PXIe M9383A generator delivers 1% of the EVM (Error Vector Magnitude) which is an indispensable measure for evaluating the quality of the modulated signal for 5G communications.
With this PXIe format generator associated with Keysight’s Signal Studio or SystemVue software, it is possible to create waveforms compatible with Verizon’s pre-5G (5GTF) standard validated by Keysight, and waveforms ready for The 5G, such as 8 x 100 MHz CC (Component Carriers) OFDM modulated. This software also allows the creation of waveforms adapted to the new 5G NR radio applications (5G New Radio) as well as to the aerospace and defense sectors.
The generator is adaptable and scalable according to the requirements of the test application. Various PXIe options and modules can be selected to add channels and adjust the characteristics in terms of frequency, modulation band, phase noise, frequency switching speed, and so on. It is thus possible to evolve the solution with the changes in the standards of the signals that it is necessary to generate.
- M9383A-F14: 1 MHz to 14 GHz – PXIe module with 3 slots
- M9383A-F20 1: MHz to 20 GHz – 3 slots
- M9383A-F32: 1 MHz to 31.8 GHz – module 3 slot + module M9314A 2 slots
- M9383A-F44: 1 MHz to 44 GHz – module 3 slot + module M9314A 2 slots
Maximum I / Q bandwidth:
- RF Modulation Bandwidth: 40 MHz, 160 MHz, 500 MHz or 1 GHz
- Up to 2 GHz via external I / Q inputs.