- The Montena PPG-E1-1200 portable generator is designed for pulse current injection (PCI) up to 1200 A.
It is used to verify the performance of protective devices at the electrical point-of-entry of fixed ground-based facilities or transportable systems against high-altitude electromagnetic pulse (HEMP), according to MIL-STD-188-125-1/2 Short Pulse up to 1200 A.
Specially designed for field testing in installations where power is not always available, the pulse generator operates on battery.
To ensure safe interventions, the instrument is remote controlled by a USB optical link, thus ensuring total galvanic isolation of the operator.
Its operating range is from 50 A to 1.2 kA.
Many test accessories are available: current probes, coupling and decoupling networks, fibre optic links, etc.
A dedicated control software allows the configuration of the generator and the measuring oscilloscope. It directly provides the shapes of the injected and residual current pulses as well as the appropriate parameters. This reduces the risk of measurement errors.
The system is supplied with a ruggedized case with wheels for easy transport to the site.
# Main characteristics of the PPG-E1-1200 generator from Montena:
- Standard MIL-STD-188-125-1 and -2 / short pulse (E1)
- Peak current (short circuit) ≤ 50 A to 1.2 kA
- Peak voltage (open circuit) ≤ 5 kV to 80 kV
- Output waveform double exponential
- Source impedance ≥ 60 ohms
- Pulse rise-time (short circuit) < 20 ns
- Pulse length (FWHM, short circuit) 500 – 550 ns
- Charging time < 1 min
- Output interface 8 meters HV coaxial cable with a special coaxial termination
- Insulation: oil
- Interfaces USB / optic fiber
- Power rating: 85 – 132 / 187 – 264 Vac, 47 – 63 Hz
- Autonomy (on internal battery) about 8 hours
- Electrical safety complies with EN61010-1. Interlock port + safety interlock switch
- Storage / working temperature: 5 – 50 °C / 15 – 45 °C
- Generator dimensions: 55 x 50 x 25 cm (L x W x H)
- Weight 31 kg (with external HV cable), 50 kg (total with transportation box)