- Rigol Technologies offers the DSG3000B range of RF signal generators covering, depending on the model, a frequency band ranging from 9 kHz to 6.5 GHz or 13.6 GHz.
- These instruments, equipped with a 4.3″ TFT LCD screen, can optionally integrate I/Q modulation capabilities.
The DSG3000B family of RF signal generators has an amplitude accuracy of <0.5 dB (typ.) and a phase noise of less than -116dBc/Hz@20kHz. The amplitude of the output signals ranges from -120 dBm to +20 dBm. For example, it can be adjusted over a frequency range from 200 MHz to 3.6 GHz up to +27 dBm or from 100 kHz to 6.5 GHz from -130 dBm (+10 dBm between 12 GHz and 13.6 GHz and -110 dBm between 9 GHz and 13.6 GHz).
Several modulation modes are offered as standard (AM/FM/ΦM up to 3.6 GHz) with a frequency resolution of 0.01 Hz. The generation of modulated signals can be controlled by an internal or external source.
The internal reference clock has a frequency stability of less than 2ppm (standard) and 5ppb with option OCXO-B08 via an Oven Controlled X-tal (Crystal) Oscillator (OCXO).
Three other options are available: the DSG3000B-PUG option for pulse train generation and the DSG3000B-PUM option for pulse modulation (up to 3.6 GHz). These options provide the DSG3000B (IQ) model with the ability to deliver predefined or self-created pulse trains and pulse modulated signals.
The four new generator models in the DSG3000B family replace the existing DSG3000 family. They are equipped with an Ethernet (LXI) interface and USB ports (Host and Device).
# The four models of the DSG3000B series:
- DSG3065B: frequency range from 9 kHz to 6.5 GHz
- DSG3065B-IQ: 9 kHz to 6.5 GHz (IQ: 50 MHz to 6.5 GHz)
- DSG3136B: 9 kHz to 13.6 GHz
- DSG3136B-IQ: 9 kHz to 13.6 GHz (IQ: 50 MHz to 6.5 GHz)