- Rigol Technologies integrates as standard a vector network analysis function for its RSA5000 and RSA3000 series spectrum analysers.
- The RSA5000N and RSA3000N series real-time spectrum analysers, with a 10.1-inch touch screen display, are available in several frequency bandwidths from 9 kHz to 1.5 GHz or up to 6.5 GHz.
The RSA5000N and RSA3000N series have a modular structure and, in addition to the new VNA function, also include the four function modules RTSA (real-time spectrum analyzer up to a maximum bandwidth of 40 MHz), GPSA (sweep-based spectrum analyzer), EMI (pre-compliance tests according to CISPR specifications) and VSA (vector signal analysis for different digital demodulation and bit error measurement, only RSA5000N).
This instrument features fully digital IF technology (Intermediate Frequency) for measurements across the entire frequency range from 9 kHz to 6.5 GHz.
The tracking generator of the two series can be set and used in GPSA and VNA modes from -40 to 0 dBm output power. The devices can also be operated via web control and have filters with 3 dB bandwidth resolution (RBW) as well as video bandwidth filters (VBW), which can be set from 1 Hz to 10 MHz in 1-3-10 steps. The EMI mode also offers 6 dB filters up to 1 MHz as well as the QP and CISPR-AV detectors.
The instruments have a capacitive 10.1”multi-touch display with 1024×600 pixel resolution and receive their input signals via a 50 Ω type N socket. Connections to a PC are possible via Ethernet LAN and USB.
The RSA5000N / RSA3000N series have a modular structure and now include five functions :
• VNA (New) – Vector network analyzer from 100 kHz to 6.5 GHz bandwidth (standard integrated).
• RTSA – real-time spectrum analyzer up to a maximum real-time bandwidth of 40 MHz
• GPSA – spectrum analyzer
• EMI – pre-conformance tests according to CISPR guidelines
• VSA – Digital Demodulation (RSA5000N only)
Description of the VNA module :
With a frequency range from 100 KHz to 6.5 GHz, the new VNA module fulfills all standard tasks for network analysis, such as measurement of the vectorial reflection (S11) and transmission factor (S21), as well as the implementation in the time range for distance error measurement [DTF], for example on cables. The dynamic range of the S21 measurement is <80 dB (nom.), while the directional attenuation of the internal coupler is <40 dB (nom.). The measurement bandwidth can be set in 1-3-10 steps between 1 kHz to 10 MHz.
Different windowing can be used for the DTF measurement. For a very precise determination of the distance of reflections, different parameters of the measurement object such as the shortening factor [Velocity Factor], cable attenuation and cable length can be entered. With up to 10,000 data points and up to eight markers, complex measuring tasks can be solved.
Rigol offers two different calibration kits: the high-precision CK106A and the low-cost calibration kit CK106E.
The measurement S11 can be represented as a Smith and polar diagram, phase and group delay, reflection factor and SWR, and much more. With the S21 and the DTF measurement, linear and logarithmic transmission loss, phase and group delay can be represented.
Available models (VNA mode: from 100 kHz):
• RSA5032N: 9 kHz to 3.2 GHz
• RSA5065N: 9 kHz to 6.5 GHz
• RSA3015N: 9 kHz to 1.5 GHz
• RSA3030N: 9 kHz to 3 GHz
• RSA3045N: 9 kHz to 4.5 GHz