- Rohde & Schwarz launches the R&S RTB2000 entry-level oscilloscope for education, R&D and manufacturing.
- The R&S RTB2000 series oscilloscopes come in two and four channels models and offer bandwidths of 70 MHz, 100 MHz, 200 MHz and 300 MHz, a 10” touchscreen and 10-bit vertical resolution.
- These instruments are distinguished by the scalability of some of their characteristics after their purchase (bandwidth or specific functions) and by their ability to be controlled by an integrated Wi-Fi connection.
The R&S RTB2000 includes a proprietary 10-bit ADC with 1024 vertical positions, four times more resolution, according to Rohde & Schwarz, than any other 8-bit oscilloscope in this segment. The increased resolution enables users to make more precise measurements and can be particularly useful for detecting small signals in the presence of large-amplitude signals.
The maximum sampling rate is 1.25 GS / s per channel or 2.5 GS/s in interleaved mode (1 in 2 input used).
The R&S RTB2000 oscilloscopes feature 10 Msample acquisition memory on each channel, and 20 Msample per channel in interleaved mode. This standard memory can optionally be further extended to 160 Msample of segmented memory.
It is possible to perform manual annotations on the 10.1″ capacitive touch screen. A single press of a dedicated button on the front panel ensures the screen copy that can be transferred to a PC via Ethernet or USB ports. This oscilloscope can be remotely controlled over the Internet via a cable connection or via an integrated Wi-Fi interface.
This oscilloscope offers several features : digital voltmeter, mask testing, counter or FFT calculation (128 kpts) that is associated with an Autoset function that automatically adjusts the appropriate parameters to the signal.
Other optional functions, which can be unlocked after the purchase of the instrument, are also available:
- 16 digital inputs (MSO option, 1,25 GS/s for every channel).
- Waveform generator (250 MS/s, 14 bits, 25 MHz, 16 kpts memory) and 4-bit pattern generator.
- Serial bus triggering and decoding capabilities : I2C/SPI , UART/RS232 and CAN/LIN.
The basic version of these oscilloscopes (2 channels, 70 MHz) is marketed 1250 € and 1950 € for the 4-channels model.
R&S RTB2000 key features :
- 10 Second Boot up time
- 10-bit ADC (R&S Design)
- 10 MSample Memory (Standard)
- 10” Capacitive Touchscreen (1280×800 pixel)