- Tektronix USB4, Thunderbolt 4 and DisplayPort 2.0 test solutions are designed for use with DPO/MSO70000SX/DX oscilloscopes with bandwidths of 23GHz and above, and sample rates of 100GS/s.
- These scopes can also perform USB2.0, USB3.2, DisplayPort 1.2, and DisplayPort 1.4 testing.
The new automated transmitter test solutions are designed to meet the requirements of next-generation transmission links that offer high data transfer rates, support large data volumes, and provide low video display latency.
Tektronix solutions for debugging and automatic compliance testing of USB4, Thunderbolt 4 and DisplayPort 2.0 transmission interfaces provide signal integrity verification and device under test (DUT) control. They also enable electrical testing and characterization of the physical layer.
USB4, Thunderbolt 4, and DisplayPort 2.0 transmission interfaces are being integrated into laptops, tablets, cell phones, and televisions, among others, to accelerate charging and data transfer times.
The new USB4 standard offers up to eight times the data transfer rates of USB 3.0 and can be implemented for battery charging processes in USB-C 100W.
DisplayPort 2.0 is expected to triple data rates over DisplayPort 1.4. It supports 16K video resolutions and higher frame rates. It provides a better user experience using augmented reality/virtual reality (AR/VR) display solutions.
“Tektronix was the first to offer an automated test solution for USB4. The TekExpress USB4 solution has helped us validate the compliance of the transmission patterns of the USB4 interfaces built into our graphics cards,” reports Anthony Liang, head of the signal integrity department at MSI.
Synopsys also leverages Tektronix’ test technology during the semiconductor chip design process. “USB-C I/O solutions, in our case for DisplayPort 2.0, are must-haves. Using the user-friendly TekExpress DisplayPort 2.0 tool, we were able to not only understand how to meet compliance, but also debug and understand the limitations of our physical layer,” says Andre Merlo, senior test engineer at Synopsys.
- USB4 Test Solution
– Compliant with the USB4 Specification Ver1.0 and USB4 Router – Assembly Electrical Compliance Test Specification Rev 1.0.
Completes both Lane 0 and Lane 1 Transmitter tests without flipping the USB Type-C connector or USB4 High-Speed fixture.
- Thunderbolt 3 and 4 test solution
– Supports 4 data rates: 10G, 10.3G, 20G and 20.6G.
– Automatic control of the DUT by supporting TenLira/TDT (Intel scripts) and USB4 ETT.
- DisplayPort 2.0 test solution
– Pre-compliance measurements at Ultra High Bit Rate (UHBR) speeds.
– Support for the P76xx tri-mode probe with multiple tips.
TekExpress Signal Validation validates the compliance model to ensure accurate results.
TekExpress’ pre-recorded mode allows for offline analysis and provides a baseline for future specification changes.