- Viavi Solutions presented an autonomous rack-mounted BER tester for data centers at OFC that took place in San Diego, California, from march 11 to 15, 2018.
- The company also presented its last solutions for optical multi-fiber optical inspection.
# Viavi solutions showcased at OFC 2018
- The MAP 2100 was designed for the hyperscale data center environment. It is a rack-mounted bit error rate tester that enables users to remotely test the transmission quality of the network links connecting data centers, central offices, or head ends, thereby ensuring test up to 200G across the network. Based on the Viavi T-BERD/MTS 5800-100G test chassis, the MAP 2100 was developed for facilities with few, if any, personnel present to run network tests, to be controlled from a central location supporting distributed nodes. In addition, this solution can integrate as a test point into the Viavi vNet Fusion virtual test platform which can launch service activation and performance monitoring tests across multiple test points in a network, both physical and virtual.
- MPO testers address the rise of ribbon fiber with parallel optics in data centers and in service provider networks. The handheld FiberChek Sidewinder (photo) automates the multifiber inspection process : automatic pass/fail results are delivered for all 12 MPO fibers in less than 12 seconds. According to its manufacturer, typical job of certifying 100 MPO connectors can be completed in under 20 minutes, compared to the industry average of 4.3 hours (a 92 percent time reduction).
- SmartClass Fiber MPOLx is an optical loss test set that can perform all MPO Tier 1 (basic) test and certification requirements, including the need to test for length, optical loss, polarity and inspect fiber end-face condition. The MPOLx delivers, according to its manufacturer, test results in less than 6 seconds for all 12 fibers.
- MPO Optical Switch Module enables use of the T-BERD/MTS-4000 for multi-fiber connector applications. A single technician therefore can use the fiber test set for integrated and automated OTDR testing of ribbon fiber and MPO cable characterization, certification, and troubleshooting. According to Viavi, the use of the T-BERD/MTS-4000 with the MPO Optical Switch Module can shrink test time by 50% versus legacy processes and equipment.