- The RFeye Node 100-40 is an RF signal receiver designed by CRFS in an rugged, weatherproof housing.
- This instrument is intended for field installation for stand-alone use in monitoring signals with frequencies up to 40 GHz.
The RFeye Node 100-40 RF signal receiver, which covers a frequency range from 9kHz to 40GHz, has an instantaneous analysis band of 100MHz. Its rugged design meets the requirements of high frequency signal monitoring applications in their real-world operating environment.
“The RFeye Node 100-40 is a receiver that can be permanently deployed outdoors in all weather conditions. It has multi-user and multi-mission capabilities that are essential for monitoring various channels over a wide frequency range,” said Malcolm Sellars, CRFS Product Management Manager.
In particular, the RFeye Node 100-40 can be used to monitor areas around satellite earth stations for potential sources of interference. High-speed satellite transmissions, which operate at frequencies ranging from 27 to 40 GHz in the Ka-band, can be very sensitive to interference. This receiver can therefore provide the operator with precise information about the type and location of the interfering signal.
In addition to the satellite communications sector, many applications in the fields of defense, security or 5G telecommunications require monitoring of the frequency spectrum to ensure their durability and reliability.
Due to its compactness and low weight, the RFeye Node 100-40 receiver can be easily deployed where it is needed. It is equipped with Gigabit-Ethernet and USB communication interfaces as well as an input for GPS/GNSS antenna. It can also be networked with other CRFS receiver nodes for spectrum monitoring and signal geolocation, both inside buildings and outdoors as well as in isolated areas.
# Overview of the features of the RFeye Node 100-40 :
- Single channel receiver
Switchable RF inputs: 2 x SMA ( 9 kHz – 18 GHz ) – 1 x K 2.92 (16 kHz – 40 GHz)
- Sampling with 16-bit resolution per channel (I&Q)
- Sampling rate: 125 MS/s I&Q
- Receiver module dimensions only: 200 x 50 x 192 mm (7.9 x 2.0 x 7.6 inches)
- Weight (receiving node only) : 5 pounds (3.5 kg)
- Weight (with end plates and heat sinks): 6.2 kg (13.7 lbs)
- Operating temperature range : -30 to +50 °C (-22 to 122 °F)
- Protection class IP67 (with optional end plates)