- T-BERD/MTS 5882 from Viavi Solutions enables testing for emerging 5G and Remote PHY technologies.
- The T-BERD/MTS 5882 packing into a small form factor features to enable fiber characterization, multi-protocol service activation, troubleshooting, and maintenance for next-generation mobile and cable networks.
Emerging network architectures require precise timing to synchronize distributed equipment, such as with the IEEE 1588v2 Precision Timing Protocol. This applies to mobile networks with distributed 5G radios interoperating with LTE macro cells, in cable networks where distributed Remote PHY devices (RPD) require synchronization for proper DOCSIS functionality, and in utility networks for the synchronization of distributed power transmission equipment. In all cases, ensuring that equipment is properly synchronized is critical for high-quality network operation, yet this is becoming more difficult to achieve due to growing complexity and convergence.
The move to 5G, Remote PHY and other distributed technologies means even more stringent synchronization targets must be met to prevent service degradation. The T-BERD/MTS 5882 solution is optimized for fiber characterization, multi-protocol service activation, troubleshooting and maintenance across mobile, cable and power utility networks.
# Via vi T-BERD/MTS 5882 key features:
- Built on the platform of the T-BERD/MTS 5800
- Support for emerging and legacy network protocols such as Ethernet, CPRI, eCPRI, OTN, and PDH
- Built-in GNSS receiver
- Enhanced diagnostics for microwave backhaul installation and maintenance
- Job Manager application that consolidates and automates testing and reporting, resulting in a job completion in around 30 minutes.