- Dare Instruments’s RadiPower RPR3006W range of RF power meter probes now cover a frequency band from 10 MHz to 6 GHz with a version allowing to reach 8 GHz.
- These RF power measurement probes, marketed in particular by Hemera RF, meet the measurement requirements of ETSI 300 328 and 301 893 standards relating to broadband data transmission systems, such as the IEEE 802.11, Bluetooth and Zigbee wireless communication standards and Wi-Fi 6E (6 GHz).
- These probes, which are connected to a PC via their USB connection, are controlled via the RadiMation Freeware software provided by Dare! Instruments.
In order to meet the measurement requirements of the ETSI standards, the sampling speed of the RadiPower power sensor has been increased to 5 MS/sec. A hardware trigger input/output has been integrated into the sensor to provide synchronous power measurement of wideband multi-input/output (MIMO) data transmission devices.
The RPR3006W RF power meter has a dynamic range of 60 dB and a basic accuracy of ± 0.2 dB. This is fully compliant with the requirements of ETSI standards.
The probe is connected via its USB interface to the USB port of the PC, which controls it using the RadiMation software that allows it to be controlled, the measurement parameters to be adjusted and the measured values to be displayed on the screen. The RadiMation software, supplied free of charge with the probe, also allows the synchronous triggering of several RadiPower Wireless power sensors.
The RadiMation software includes a “Burst” mode with user adjustable measurement speed/time to capture wideband Burst/Pulse signals and calculate measurement parameters such as maximum RMS power, duty cycle, average utilization and maximum sequence time. This mode fully complies with the measurement methods defined in the ETSI standards for wideband data transmission systems EN 300 328 (2.4 GHz) and EN 301 893 (5 GHz).
In Burst mode, the RadiPower can store data for up to 100,000 bursts for up to 60 seconds of observation time. For each burst, the average power and timing data are stored in the buffer memory. The 1 or 5 MS/s sampling rate of the probe combined with an RMS detector allows measurements to be made on wideband modulating transceivers.
For MIMO systems with, for example, six antenna ports, six RPR3006W power measurement probes can be daisy-chained via the MMCX connection interface. This ensures synchronous triggering of all six RadiPower probes. The RadiMation software captures the samples from each power meter simultaneously and calculates the total combined power according to ETSI 300 328.
The RadiMation Freeware, which is delivered as standard, supports all measurement modes of the RadiPower probe. By using the instrument’s control instructions, the probe can be operated with any other control software.
The option to measure up to 8 GHz is available with the new generation of RPR3006W probes but customers can upgrade the probes in their possession via a calibration performed by Dare!
# Main specifications :
- RMS type detector
- Measurement functions: RMS power, peak power (max hold) and burst mode
- Calibrated frequency range: 10 MHz to 6 GHz (8 GHz – option #010)
- Power measurement range: -50 dBm to +10 dBm @ 10 MHz to 6 GHz – -40 dBm to +10 dBm @ 6 GHz to 8 GHz (option #010)
- Maximum SWR: 1.10 @ up to 1 GHz – 1.15 @ 1 GHz to 6 GHz
- Frequency response accuracy (at 23°C ± 2°C): ± 0.2 dB