- Trescal, a specialist in metrology services, is continuing its expansion in Spain.
- Following the acquisition of the Madrid laboratory Calgas in December 2017, the French group announces the acquisition of the Barcelona-based ASSI Sistemas e Instrumentación SL (ASSI).
- This is its fifth acquisition in Spain, carried out as usual with the support of its majority shareholder, and the 28th since the acquisition in July 2013 of Trescal by the independent private equity firm Ardian.
ASSI was founded in 1995 as a spin-off from the Foxboro (1) process control group. The company is specialised in calibration, validation and qualification of measurement instruments.
ASSI has a laboratory in Barcelona accredited by ENAC (2) for temperature, humidity, pressure, mass, volume, angular velocity, electricity, time, frequency, dimensional and torque.
The Catalan company employs 130 people and has a turnover of 7.2 million euros.
Guillaume Caroit, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Trescal Group, believes that this acquisition will boost Trescal’s presence in the pharmaceutical sector, where ASSI has been active for 23 years. Josep Maria Cucurella, Managing Director of ASSI, says that merging a family-owned company with a multinational is a challenge that will allow us to better address the market and access new industrial segments.
(1) Schneider Electric acquired the British engineering group Invensys in July 2013, which specialises in industrial process control and safety solutions, including the brands Foxboro (control systems) and Triconex (safety systems).
(2) ENAC (Entidad Nacional de Acreditación) is the agency appointed by the government to operate in Spain as the only national accreditation body, in accordance with Regulation (EU) No. 765/2008 which regulates the functioning of accreditation in Europe.