- Rohde & Schwarz offers an improved version of its power supplies the R&S NGE100 series.
- The R&S NGE100B power supplies are now equipped with galvanically isolated channels and safety terminals.
- These instruments are part of the German manufacturer’s Value Instruments offer, which aims to offer high-performance entry-level test and measurement instruments at competitive prices.
The R&S NGE100B power supplies can be remotely controlled wirelessly (WLAN). According to Rohde & Schwarz, this is a unique feature in the class of devices with a price below 1000€.
This series of power supplies includes the NGE102B model with two channels and the NGE103B model with three channels.
These channels have been combined with colour coding to simplify their use. The inputs and outputs are now equipped with safety terminals, eliminating the need for adapters.
The regulated fans contribute to the quiet operation of these power supplies, which can be remotely controlled via their integrated USB interface and optionally via an Ethernet (LAN) or wireless (WLAN) connection.
All channels are galvanically isolated, floating and electrically identical. Each channel can be used as an independent power source. Higher voltages and currents can be obtained by combining the channels in series or in parallel.
Safety functions protect the device under test as well as the power supply. Maximum voltages and currents can be specified as well as emergency shutdown scenarios.
The price of these power supplies, marketed by Rohde & Schwarz and its commercial partners, starts at 650€ HT.
These instruments are intended for all applications from R&D laboratories to production and education.
This new range of R&S NGE100B power supplies replaces the existing NGE100 series, for which Rohde & Schwarz will continue to provide software updates, service and maintenance.
# Main specifications :
- Channels: 2 for NGE102B or 3 for NGE103B
- Max. output power 66 W (NGE102B), 100 W (NGE103B)
- Maximum output voltage: 32 V per channel
- Electronic fuse (OCP), overvoltage protection (OVP)/ – power (OPP)/ -temperature (OTP)
- USB interface (VCP/TMC), optional LAN (LXI), optional wireless LAN, optional digital I/O (4-bit)