Exfo announced the launch of the FTBx-5245 Series of optical spectrum analyzers (OSAs) dedicated to R&D labs and manufacturers developing CWDM/DWDM technologies and network components.
The FTBx-5245 OSA delivers a full range of spectral analysis from laser and TOSAs to transmitters and full optical systems. It supports measurements in labs and manufacturing such as side mode suppression ratio (SMSR), central wavelength, full width half max spectral width.
In addition, it offers a suite of modes specific to lab and manufacturing applications, such as sources testing (DFB and Fabry-Perot), long-term source characterization (drift mode), EDFA analysis and spectral transmittance analysis.
This OSA for CWDM/DWDM network analysis is housed in the scalable LTB-8 platform. The eight-slot configuration of the LTB-8 can simultaneously support as many as eight 100G modules for multiple interface test combinations.
LTB-8 can therefore house the new FTBx-5245 OSA, optical power meters, variable optical attenuators, switches and the FTBx-88200NGE multiservice transport module. This combination of lab modules delivers test orchestration capabilities through a suite of lab testing features developed for system design, development and deployment testing.
Key FTBx-5245 features :
- Analyze WDM, EDFA, drift, spectral transmittance and Fabry-Perot and DFB laser
- Measurements : SMSR, FWHM spectral width, 20 dB linewidth
- Third-party 40G/100G/200G Pol-Mux OSNR option, compliant with the IEC 61282-12 standard
- In-band OSNR measurement for 40 Gbit/s and ROADM deployments
- Compliant with recommendation ITU-T G.697
- Portable spectral characterization for DWDM network commissioning and troubleshooting