- National Instruments (NI) announced a new PXI FlexRIO architecture that integrates mezzanine I/O modules with Xilinx Kintex UltraScale FPGAs.
- The first wave of products based on this new architecture includes two PXI FlexRIO Digitizers (photo), three dedicated PXI
- FlexRIO Coprocessor Modules and a module development kit for custom front-end development.
The FlexRIO product line combines customizable I/O and user-programmable FPGAs into reconfigurable instruments users can program with the LabVIEW FPGA Module.
With Kintex UltraScale FPGAs, the new FlexRIO architecture offers more programmable resources than previous Kintex-7-based FlexRIO modules. In addition, the new mezzanine architecture fits both the I/O module and the FPGA back end within a single, integrated 3U PXI module. For communication with other modules in the chassis, these new FlexRIO modules feature PCI Express Gen 3 x8 connectivity for up to 7 GB/s of streaming bandwidth.
PXIe-7915 FlexRIO Coprocessor Module
These FlexRIO modules take advantage of the latest FPGA and analog/digital conversion technology to better adapt to applications requiring advanced processing capabilities such as remote sensing, communications, particle physics, etc.
New FlexRIO modules include:
- Digitizer Modules : PXI FlexRIO Digitizers, PXIe-5763 and PXIe-5764, provide 500 MS/s and 1 GS/s sampling rates, respectively. Both modules offer 16-bit resolution and up to 400 MHz of bandwidth on all four channels.
- Coprocessor Modules : Real-time signal processing capabilities with dedicated Kintex UltraScale FPGA to PXI FlexRIO module
- Module Development Kit : Start with a FlexRIO FPGA back end programmable by LabVIEW and then design custom I/O modules to meet application requirements.