- The 2020 edition of European Microwave Week (EuMW), postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic, takes place this week from January 10 to 15, 2021 in virtual format.
- Rohde & Schwarz will have a virtual exhibition stand at EuMW, where its latest solutions for testing RF front end designs, radar and satellite transmission systems as well as 5G standard wireless communication technologies operating in the sub-terahertz frequency range will be presented.
- Videos and product demonstrations based on typical application scenarios will also be offered. Experts will answer questions about Test & Measurement solutions in live chat sessions.
- The virtual exhibition is accessible without necessarily being registered in the conference program of the event. Simply register free of charge with the EuMW organizer.
RF component tests
RF component tests and associated research applications are on display at one counter of the Rohde & Schwarz booth. A highlight here is the new vector-receiver load pull measurement setup with an R&S ZNA vector network analyzer (VNA) and microwave impedance tuners from Maury Microwave. This setup enables fast and high-precision measurements on nonlinear RF amplifiers, as well as on-wafer measurements on nonlinear semiconductor components. It supports high-speed power and impedance sweeps. Using the R&S ZNB40 VNA with a frequency range up to 40 GHz, Rohde & Schwarz also demonstrates how measurement accuracy can be significantly increased when testing signal integrity on digital designs and microwave board designs.
As another highlight, Rohde & Schwarz demonstrates online access to the R&S WinIQSIM2 simulation software and the R&S Vector Signal Explorer (VSE) RF analysis software via the R&S Cloud4Testing software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform. Analyses and simulations are running in the cloud, so users need not install the software on their own devices – e.g. in their home offices – nor do they need to allow for any processing power for these tasks. The R&S Cloud4Testing SaaS platform is also attractive for companies that perform amplifier tests according to multiple, different standards.
5G NR and beyond
Rohde & Schwarz also presents RF base station test solutions for the 5G FR2 frequency range from 26 GHz to 39 GHz, as well as an R&S CMP200 based test solution for ultrawideband components compliant with IEEE 802.15.4a/4z. This transmission technology is suitable for precise location finding, e.g. for machines or materials.
At the following counter, the focus is on next generation cellular technologies. Here, the Rohde & Schwarz experts explain how an antenna operating in the sub-terahertz range can be characterized over the air (OTA testing). Many modern components and modules are so small and so tightly integrated that wired measurements are no longer possible. Using a compact antenna test range (CATR) and suitable test procedures will provide a compact setup for OTA antenna characterization.
Test solutions for radar and satellite
One virtual counter highlights forward-looking test solutions for radar and satellite systems, including the high-sensitivity R&S FSWP phase noise analyzer with a new option for measuring the noise power ratio (NPR) of satellite system components. In addition, visitors can learn about multichannel pulse analysis, carried out with the R&S RTP164 oscilloscope. Another counter is dedicated to automotive radars where a test for E band radars will be presented.
Online workshops and presentations
Rohde & Schwarz is participating in the EuMW conference program with presentations and free virtual workshops:
- Identification and localization of SATCOM signals (online presentation as part of the Defence, Security and Space Forum)
- Modern RF frontend design and testing (workshop)
- Millimeterwave and THz technology for 5G and beyond (workshop)
The presented content will be available on demand until February 5, 2021.
For more information about presentations and workshops as well as registration, visit: https://www.rohde-schwarz.com/eumw